Saturday, May 18, 2013

Two Legged Pest Control

Heh, I found a good way to keep the wimmins out of my Man Cave today.
My wife and her two sisters were out in my garage yammering away while I was working on the transmission for my Sprite.
I had been enjoying the peace and quiet because they had all gone to the movies earlier so I was just in my own little world and enjoying the shit out of it too.

I didn't even have the squawk box on.
Pretty soon here they come. Sounded like someone moved a fucking chicken tractor into the joint.
Yack yack yack yack.
We don't smoke in the house so we have a little kiddy table out there and a couple ashtrays.
Jeeze, pretty soon I am kinda gritting my teeth.
While I am wrenching on this little gearbox, I reach over and grabbed a can of Carb Cleaner to do some spot cleaning of some parts.

Let me tell ya, that shit is powerful stuff, especially in an enclosed space.

Shit doesn't bother me because I am used to it to the point I almost like the smell.

It's a guy thing I am certain.

Anyways, pretty soon I hear one of 'em pipe up with something along then lines of "What is that smell, are those fumes?"

I turned around and growled at her, Whattaya fucking think? Yer in my Goddamn garage.
If ya don't like it go outside and smoke.

Oh the trauma. It's too cold, bitch bitch bitch.
So of course I lay it on with the fucking carb cleaner now.

Amazingly enough, it didn't take very long and they all suddenly decided they needed to be somewhere else , pronto.


Perfect.

I recommend this stuff, it works real good for cleaning grease and varnish on parts and as an added bonus it has a powerful stink to it.



It's like bug spray for people too.

2 comments:

Spud said...

One time I wasn't watching which way the nozzle was pointing on a can of Berrymans...Needless to say a full shot in both eyes ! Who-wee that shit burns ! Luckily I could remember which way the water faucet was. Thought I had blinded myself fer sure...Sure do pay attention now tho

Anonymous said...

This is genius! I'll have to keep a can on the workbench.

On a similar note, a cut-off tool has some of the same effect. At 30,000 RPM, when that grindstone touches metal it sounds like a giant dentist drill and gives chills to everyone within a half-mile radius. If that doesn't shoo-off the "guests", I don't know what will.

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.