Saturday, August 22, 2026

Gotta Love It!

 My little buddy Jesse found a free air compressor on the sidewalk a week or so ago and brought it over and gave it to me.

It turns out it needed about fifty cents worth of parts to fix and now it works great!


Turns out it is a SEARS compressor expressly made for spraying paint.

Here's what it looked like new.


The stickers are even still on it and the paint is in great shape!

Mine even has a large pressure regulator sticking out the discharge side of the tank, along with two quick disconnect fittings plumbed in before it and it also has 20 feet of hose with another quick disconnect that actually fits my air tools.

It would work but when it got up to about 40 psi it would start making all kinds of racket.

Enough that I shut it off..

I went to adjust the belt after I changed the 2 ounces of oil I found in it today and found this,



The set screw and the shear key were both missing off the drive pulley.

After I dug around in my extensive collection of stuff a few minutes I came up with both.

Total cost there, mostly zero except the set screw was in a kit I bought from Harbor Freight a few years ago. I had a used key in a small plastic storage box with removable drawers,.along with a whole bunch of others. I didn't even have to cut it.

After I put it together I plugged it in again and it pumped up to 100 psi and shut off.

I went and checked it a few minutes ago and it has held pressure all day.

I gotta love lazy and stupid people who throw perfectly good equipment out on the sidewalk instead of taking two minutes to figure out what's wrong with it.

I'll take those kinds of deals all day.


Bustednuckles.

No comments:

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.