Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Getting Sick

I felt it hit about two hours before I got off work, all at once.
Burning sensation in my nose/sinus/ roof of my mouth. Roof of my mouth felt dry too.

By quitting time my ears felt like they were plugging up and I could feel the start of a sore throat.
Now, three hours later I can feel the lymph nodes along side my throat are swollen up, it's hard to swallow and painful, oh yeah, it's coming.

Fuck me, just what I need.

Without fail, every time I get a head cold the motherfucker heads straight to my chest and lingers for weeks.

Sonofabitch.

I'm going to bed.
It may be a bit quiet tomorrow, depends on how hard my ass is getting kicked by an invisible bug and his buddies.


Update/Next day.

Ah, yeah.

I woke up a few minutes ago, fifteen minutes before I was supposed to leave for work.

That ain't gonna happen today.

Called the boss already.

I have a splitting headache, sore throat, stuffed up sinuses and feel like I have been through a cycle in a tumble dryer.
My lovely wife sprang into Mommy/Nurse mode and started running around gathering her concoctions and forcing them on me by the handful.

Bufferin, echinachia, Halls sore throat lozenges, Vitamin C, some other Horse pill sized fucking thing called Cold Ease and there is a bottle of generic Nyquil, my personal favorite, sitting here next to the bed.

I told her that when she goes to the store that I want some good old Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz Alka Seltzer Plus, some real aspirin and a small drum of real Nyquil.

That Nyquil is the shit man.
The little shot glass cup they have on the top goes flying immediately and I tip it up and take a couple of large swallows.

Blessed uninterrupted sleep follows along shortly after that.

I hate being sick, it sucks donkey balls.

5 comments:

Sixbears said...

Take it easy. Get some rest, if you can. Hope it leaves as fast as it hit.

idahobob said...

Olive leaf tincture, diluted in a glass of hot water.

Bob
III

Mayberry said...

Trade ya.

Phil said...

No thanks.

BTW, what did the Doc have to say, finally?

Mayberry said...

Posted.

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.