Thursday, May 25, 2017

Trey Gowdy Repeatedly Asks John Brennan If He Has Any Evidence Of Trump/Russia Collusion, Brennan Replies, "I Don't Do Evidence".

Are you fucking kidding me?!

Rep. Trey Gowdy grilled former CIA director John Brennan at a House Intelligence Committee meeting Tuesday morning on Russia's interference in the 2016 election. Gowdy repeatedly presses Brennan for some kind of hard evidence, or even the admission that such evidence exists, that President Trump or his campaign were inolved with the Russian attempt to influence the election.

Brennan repeatedly dodged, saying: "As I said Mr. Gowdy, I don't do evidence."

"I appreciate that you don't do evidence, Director Brennan. Unfortunately, that's what I do," Gowdy fired back. "That's the word we use, you use the word assessment, you use the word tradecraft. I use the word evidence. And the good news for me is lots of my colleagues on the other side of the aisle use the word evidence, too. One of my colleagues said there is more than circumstantial evidence of collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign."

Eventually Brennan replied: "I don't know whether or not such collusion -- and that's your term, such collusion existed. I don't know. But I know that there was a sufficient basis of information and intelligence that required further investigation by the bureau to determine whether or not U.S. persons were actively conspiring, colluding with Russian officials."


More segments of Gowdy grilling Brennan can be had at the source of this snipped article.

"I don't do evidence"?

Just what the fuck do you use to charge people with then asshole?
Innuendo?

This is the House Intelligence Committee we are talking about here.

I would ask Mr. Brennan if he had ever heard the word OVERSIGHT before.

1 comment:

Deanter said...

The CIA doesn't charge people with things. It's an espionage agency, not a law-enforcement agency. You may be thinking of the FBI.

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.