Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tea Party Patriot Says He May Vote For Hillary Clinton

It's very late and I was on my way to bed when I stumbled on this from looking at something else.

After reading this article I am suffering from cognitive dissonance and would be very interested to hear some other folks opinion on this.

Apparently he has some Youtube videos you can watch, the links are embedded in the original article.
Like I said, I am one foot in bed right now so you will have to click over for that shit.


A Tea Party conservative may be about to do what many in his movement consider unthinkable: vote for Hillary Clinton for president in 2016.

"I asked myself, ‘Which party has helped me out the most in the last, I don’t know, 15 years, 20?’ And it was the Democrats," James Webb, a 51-year-old charter member of his local Tea Party Patriots said in a video blog posted on YouTube. "If it wasn’t for Obama and that Obamacare, I would still be working.”

Webb said the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, has allowed him to stop working without having to worry about paying high premiums for health insurance.

"I don’t trust the Republicans anymore because they’re wanting to repeal the Obamacare," Webb said in the clip. "And I don’t want them to do that, man, because then I’ll have to go to work again. My life’s already planned out.”

On the other hand, Webb may be "exhibit A" of why some Tea Partiers dislike the Affordable Care Act because in other videos on his "Hot Lead retired" channel, he boasts about how Obamacare has allowed him to retire at the age of 50.


Here is the money quote,

"Since Obama changed the rules, I took advantage of it and I quit my job and I got on Obamacare because I'm not going to work my ass off and pay higher taxes and pay higher insurance premiums just so I can pay for somebody else's health insurance while they're sitting on their ass at their house," Webb said. "So if anybody's going to be sitting on their ass at the house and getting their insurance paid for it's going to be my ass."

Webb has also written in the comments that he still believes Obamacare violates the Constitution, but "I made it work in my favor."


So, what do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Opted to be retired at age 50 and then expects the rest of us to foot the bill for his healthcare ? I say not much difference between a welfare leach and himself. Taking advantage of the system is just making things worse as far as I'm concerned.

Speaking of health care - has anyone heard of the Chikungunya virus ? I swear I'm not making it up, its a mosquito borne disease from the Carribbean that is making its way to our shores. Here is a local news story about it. The short version - its a mild case of flu that lasts 8 MONTHS ! Day-Umm. Not contagious person to person - you have to be bit by a mosquito carrying the virus.

http://www.krgv.com/news/local-news/New-Mosquito-Borne-Virus-Has-Experts-on-Alert/32390786

And our area is saturated from rainfall - mosquitos are getting pretty thick.

Silly ass name but a serious virus.

stevierayv said...

I ain't payin no fed taxes so I'm good with it.

SiGraybeard said...

Obviously the guy's a fake. He's as much "tea party" as Uncle Joe Stalin, like the guys who call into the conservative talk shows and say they've been hard core conservatives since before Christ was born, but they just have to acknowledge how much the Democrats have done for them.

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.