Saturday, May 3, 2014

Rock Me!

I just walked in the door after having an awesome evening over in Portland.

I don't know who it was or how they managed it but someone talked Pat Travers into playing a concert in this little fucking bar.
There wasn't even close to two hundred people there, more like a hundred and fifty, Max.
Packed in like sardines and hotter than Holy Hell, I could have poked him with the end of a fishing pole, I was that close.

I can't hear a damn thing out of my right ear because I was standing directly in front of an amplifier. Music that you can feel, the best kind in my opinion.

Great show, just great. Some new and some old stuff, the man still has it goin' on.

The best part?
After the show he had a meet and greet.
I got an autographed CD and DVD, an autographed picture, got to shake his hand and the wife got a picture of my ugly ass standing next to him with a big ol' shit eating grin on my face. (I gotta get some new glasses, these things are hideous!)

I will have to wait until her sister comes over with some gizmo to transfer the pictures onto her computer so she can send them to me, neither one of us has a smart phone yet.

I have been waiting 30 years to see him in concert again, it was worth the wait.

No comments:

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.