Saturday, November 2, 2013

It's A Mindset


Sometimes it is advisable to be like the blade of grass in a windstorm and stay flexible and there are times when an unyielding strength is required to take the force of a load.

In my life I try to incorporate both strategies as required and have found that this flexibility of strategy serves me well.
Of course my stubbornness has caused me a great deal of unnecessary grief at times but one must test their mettle on occasion to verify that the strength is still there.

I can honestly say that I have been a nonconformist and a rebel my entire life and am a fiercely independent little bastard.

At fifteen years old I left home and never went back and can quite proudly say that pretty much everything I own I have gotten myself.

There were times when I received a lot of help from friends and relatives, a lot and for that I am extremely grateful.

Since childhood I have always been very adaptive to my surroundings and circumstances and have lived through some extremely hard times to get where I am.

If there is a symbol that reflects my outlook on life the Variable Resistor would be about perfect.


It allows a certain amount of energy past to allow things to happen at the other end depending on where it is set and the resistor is a very apt metaphor for my personal outlook on life, especially the last few years.

To each their own.


Some folks just go with the flow and don't try to change things, I'm not that way.
I am hardwired so to speak, to modify the signal.

Like I said, it's not for everyone, it takes a certain amount of personal strength and a whole lot of conviction.

That's why I have never been and never will be, a "Sheeple".

It's too bad that so many people in this country have lost that fierce independence that used to characterize the American Spirit.

There are, however, those few of us still around who remember what it means to be an American and we are being ostracized and marginalized by The Powers That Be as being malcontents and rabble rouser's, a danger to what society has decided is "normal".

All I can say to that is, Damn Straight I Am and Fuck You if you don't like it.

Being a Sheeple is anathema to me.




2 comments:

lineman said...

Kudos....

Xenolith said...

Spoken like a True American! Great post and I love the comparison!

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.