Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Mini Heat Wave

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground around here where the weather is concerned.

Last week it was chilly, we had thunder storms, lightning, it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock and the wind was howling.

Today is supposed to get into the upper 80's and tomorrow the low 90's.

I still have two lawns to mow, mine and my moms.
She was gone on an extended vacation and I mowed it a couple of weeks ago but her place needs the full meal deal. There is crap growing up in the expansion joints of her two car, curving driveway, the front edge needs to be cut at the curb and now there is a huge 5th wheel parked in the side yard I have to get around with the riding lawn mower.

It took me 4 1/2 hours to just get the lawn mowed last time because the mower had been sitting for two years and I had to wrench on that thing, after I spent twenty minutes going through fifty keys to find the one that fit the padlock on the shed. I had to put a new battery in it and fresh gas but it eventually fired up and promptly filled the shed with thick black smoke to the point I couldn't see in it.
Half way through the back yard I had the drive belt jump off the pulley and had to tear into it again.

I did have to send a little silent prayer of thanks to my dear departed old man for having the wisdom to buy a bigger mower with a cool assed two container plastic grass catcher unit on the back. The containers look kind of like kitchen waste baskets and all you have to do to dump them is pop the lid up, slide them off two rails and dump them.

It's a pretty slick little set up.

So as the saying goes, there's no rest for the wicked and such is the story of my life lately.


No comments:

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.