Friday, December 9, 2016

Nice Little Ice Storm That Blew Through Here Yesterday.

Snow, freezing rain, sustained winds over 30 mph, we had it all.
I was outside working in that mess for a little while last night with the freezing rain coming in sideways.
I damned near didn't get out of the parking lot at work because it was literally a sheet of ice. It's up on a hill too so that was interesting coming down off of that.
El Camino's are renowned for their ability to handle ice and snow don't ya know.

Not.

Lost internet before I got home.
I stuck my head outside this morning to consult my weather station and was greeted by this,


It's a crappy picture but if you look close you can see the little icicles hanging off it.

The roads are OK at the moment but there is still ice all over everything else.
Going back to work in just a minute.
Fuck, am I glad it's Friday.

5 comments:

Sarthurk said...

All of that went past my place before it froze at your place. It's nice an soggy today here on the central coast. And a lot warmer. The mushrooms and mold are happy again.

Anonymous said...

why not relocate to Texas?

Wildflower

Sarthurk said...

oh, my first auto, an El Camino. 1964 model. In 1975. It was a death trap. We all got out alive. '67 Ford Falcon next.

B said...

Where, exactly, is that?

Phil said...

Vancouver Washington.

How that poor little stunted palm tree stays alive is a mystery to me.

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.