Not Now, Not Ever

Not Now, Not Ever

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Fishing Trip AAR

It was gorgeous yesterday after he wind died down in the morning. Sunny, downright hot in the afternoon. At one point I pretty much had a five mile stretch of the Columbia river all to myself it seemed. No one on the dock, not a tug boat, speed boat, fishing boat or water ski to be seen. If it wasn't for the fact that Highway 14 was a couple hundred yards away it would have been perfect.

The fish must have had other things to do though. I caught one tiny little dude all day.


Doesn't matter, it was the peace and quiet I was after.
I finished up the paperback, had some Chicken On A Stick for lunch and just relaxed all damn day.

It was great. I'll be doing that again here real soon.

2 comments :

  1. what kind of fish?

    it looks like a herring

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a Northern Pikeminnow, AKA Squawfish before some PC bastard with too much time on his hands heard of it.
    You can actually sign up and get $4 apiece for catching and turning them in around here. They have to be 9 inches long. They are a voracious predator that specializes in Salmon smolts.

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, some peoples stink more than others too. Remember, I can make your opinion disappear, you keep the stink.