Monday, May 2, 2016

Gone Fishing

I went yesterday afternoon, didn't even get a nibble.

It was great.

Going again today, taking the Rat.
It's supposed to get up to 85 degrees.
I don't give a damn if I catch a fish or not, it's nice to get away for a bit.
I took these with my cell phone,this is on the dock at Washougal, my old stomping grounds.




Hopefully I will get some of the wildlife today, more than likely going to get sunburned too.
I was talking to someone the other day that knows me really well and I was lamenting the fact that I hadn't been doing anything but work for a long time.
They told me I needed to get the hell off the internet, go fishing and take a book to read.
I used to be a voracious reader and can't even remember the last time I read a book.

Like I said, this person knows me well.

As you can see, I am taking their advice.


6 comments:

scamorama said...

Grew up in Camas. In Hillsboro now.
I'm taking the day off, too, but I'm having fallers come to take out an 80' elm that has gone from "ornament" to "hazard".

Lucky you.

taminator013 said...

Good luck. Like they say "The worst day fishing is better than the best day at work." I've made it out three times trout fishing and caught 6, 6, and 12 trout. I plan on going out again tomorrow or Wednesday. It's easier now since I retired. I can get out pretty much whenever I feel like it instead of once or twice a year. Sucks to be me.....

Jeff C. in NC said...

Where is the cold beer?

Robert Fowler said...

Good choice of books. He's one of my favorites. I wish I could go fishing.

Anonymous said...

I remember the foreward to a gun book written by Townsend Whelen (I think) mentioned a judge of a juvenile court said that not a single defendant he could recall listed 'FISHING' as a hobby. Fishing can be a great way to unwind and get the tangles of everyday life in perspective.

Irish said...

Good for you, nice pictures and relaxing.. I've been hiking again, alone, in the woods.

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.