Friday, December 18, 2015

Not Enough Time

I stayed up too late and slept in. TGIF, it's been Hell week at work lately with a huge unplanned tear down and rebuild.
Of course being a guy, I have let this Christmas shit slide to the point that now I have to get off my ass and start taking care of business so I will be busy all weekend too.
I have the Family Christmas party to attend tomorrow for one thing.

These just aren't the same now that I have been sober these last three years.
Used to be, I would be hammered by ten in the morning and be a drunken asshole at these things, now I just mingle, say hello to people I haven't seen all year, eat a little something, watch the festivities and go home.
Not that I was a jerk to the point that people hated my ass, I was a fun asshole but an asshole none the less.

My how times change.

Now I'm a cranky old curmudgeon asshole but I get to enjoy it and remember things to boot.

Posting will be spotty I'm sure but there is no shortage of things happening to talk about.
The current political melt down over this budget deal is especially fun to watch as the hard right conservatives commit figurative Hari Kari left and right over it.

All I can say is that if you think voting in this country is going to change anything from here on out that you are completely fucking delusional.
Maybe when I get home tonight I will post a little something but for right now, I think if you haven't read the Deth Guild's take on things that maybe you should spend a few minutes thinking about what they have to say about the current situation.

I am to the point that I am flat out ignoring the political Kabuki.
There are things to do and time is getting short.

I'm thinking that ammo is about to start flying off the shelves again.

1 comment:

idahobob said...

First off, congratulations on 3 years sobriety. Reality really is a better place than a distorted view threw the lenses of drugs and alcohol.

Second of all, we must ignore the political kabuki that emits from DC and our state houses. Think local, prepare local.

Let's all continue with our preps, no slowing down.

Bob
III

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.