Sunday, March 26, 2017

My Good Deed For The Day Is Done

I had to replace the garbage disposal underneath the kitchen sink.

It had been leaking water from the bottom for about a month so I knew it's days were numbered.

Got online, looked it up at Lowes, ran over there and picked up a higher horsepower, bolt in direct replacement for $150 out the door.
Conveniently, the wife wasn't here to tell me I was doing it wrong, so it only took about a half an hour.


No, that isn't me. I don't have an ass, just a crack at the top of my legs.

2 comments:

drjim said...

Did the same thing a couple of years ago.

Sunday night about 8:30 the thing goes TU and starts blowing water all over.

Run to Home Depot, grab a bigger-than-we-had Insinkerator, and swap it out.

Total time: 75 minutes.

Eastwood said...

Make sure to knock out the plug if you are hooking a dishwasher outlet into it

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.