Monday, January 30, 2017

Hi Ho Hi Ho, It's Out To The Garage I Go

I'm taking this whole week off from work, I couldn't fucking stand it anymore.
I am not going anywhere or doing anything special, instead, I am going out in that disaster area of a garage and try to make it usable finally.
We have been in this place for almost a year now and I have made at least ten trips to the dump getting rid of shit.
There is more that needs to go.
Shit that I have been packing around for decades.
Some I will keep, some of it is going away.
I made another dump run Saturday and I swear to you, there was less room to walk around in after I got back than there was before I left.
I think I figured out how that works finally.

The Wifely Unit has a pretty good program going for herself I see.
Anything she wants to get rid of?
She opens the laundry room door and pitches it out in the fucking garage for me to deal with.


It got to the point that I couldn't hardly get in and out of that door, the shit was piled up over waist high in spots.
That's on top of all of my shit that is stacked up and laying around.
So basically, the load I took to the dump the other day was to get rid of all the shit she had tossed out there.
She had more waiting too. While I was at the dump she took advantage of my absence.

Nope, put that out to get hauled off. One run at a time.
Now it's time to get serious.
I need to change the oil in that fucking Sprite too, then clean out and wash that pig sty of an El Camino.

Some vacation right?

No rest for the wicked.

4 comments:

The Old Man said...

Tell us about the El Camino.

Glenda the Good said...

You are forgetting the Stuff versus Shit argument. You see, you have your "Stuff" and she has her "Shit". Vice Versa, she has her "Stuff" and you have your "Shit".
Depending on the weather and how well you want things to go for a couple of weeks this would all add up to how you speak with the Wifely Unit in regards to the materials she has 'contributed' to your garage. For instance:

"How come you threw your 'shit' in my garage????? This would be followed by one to two weeks of the evil eye, undesirable dinners and undesirable quiet time. Following an adequate penance you would then be allowed to speak with her again.

Another version would possibly be:
Honey, I found your "Stuff" out here in the garage????? Do you want to keep it????????

This would be followed with kind language, and possibly your favorite for dinner.

You see it all depends on your point of view and what your definition of shit and stuff is.

Phil said...

I like the way you put that but the "stuff" she throws out in the garage is "shit" she doesn't want anymore and she does it specifically for me to deal with.
After this "stuff" has been relegated to the garage then it is up to me to decide whether any of it can be donated or if it just needs to go straight to the dump because at that point she is all done with it.

Anonymous said...

you need a bigger garage!

Wildflower

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.