Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Did This Once Too





Right around the corner from my house, in a 66 Mustang with a built 289. I had only had it a week.
The cop was up the street around the corner of a building and I didn't know it.

I lit that Mustang up with a good Powerbrake , held it to the floor and then let the brakes off.
It completely smoked out for an entire city block.

The second I let out of it the cop nosed out in front of me a block down on the other side of the street.

He didn't even get to turn his lights on, I just coasted up in front of him and shut it off.

I couldn't see anything in my mirrors except white smoke and the rubber marks in the street didn't go away for over a year.

That was an expensive burn out, let me tell ya.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pulled out of a 7-11 once like that. I told my friend "pretty cool huh" he looked back and saw a Las Vegas Metro cop sitting in the tire smoke as it blew away. They let me off with a warning. Only to get speed competition, exhibition of power, exhibition of speed, attemping to elude, minor on possession, possession of false identification and possession of a controlled substance. That was expensive and I was stupid or had big balls back then because I did it by the local substation.

Anonymous said...

pulled my challenger out in front of a cop once,did a long smoky burnout...no,didn't see him! I was pulling out of a bar,of all places,half blitzed...I'd repainted the car,come to find out he was a state patrol that had nailed me many times! Only got an exhibition of acceleration ticket!

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.