Sunday, May 26, 2013

What A Difference A Day Makes

From 6 P.M. Friday to this Sunday morning on Memorial Day weekend, 6 people have been shot and killed and 11 people have been wounded in Chicago.

From 6 P.M. Friday evening to 6 A.M. Saturday morning alone, there were four fatal shootings and ten wounded
.
That is a twelve hour window.

This in a city with extremely strict gun control laws in effect.

This is also an unofficially acknowledged war zone.


Every week we see more gun related American deaths in Chicago than we do in Afghanistan, where we are officially at war.

I am sure the powers that be in Chicago would reply that if we would only imagine just how much worse it would be if everyone had access to firearms.

I am reminded of a certain quote from Robert A Heinlein,

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

I'm sorry, I would not live in an area with that much violence willingly.

Even if I had to leave every single thing I owned except the clothes on my back and I had to walk, I would leave that city as fast as I could.

There is nothing on this earth worth having that is more valuable than your life.

It is as plain as the nose on my face that Chicago is out of control and there is no amount of political spin that is going to change that fact.

Detroit is even worse.
There are places in Detroit the police won't even go.


Two of Americas once premier cities are now hot zones.
This is within the Continental borders of The United States of America folks.

I keep hearing rumblings of Civil War, I submit there has been a guerilla war going on here for several years now.

I submit to you that this situation is going to continue to spread too.

Rot from within is hard to stop.



Being a refugee in any situation is an extreme position to be in.

Being a refugee in your own country because of out of control violence is something we see in other countries, not here in America.

Or so the media would like you to think.



Gun control is an obvious failure with real life and death consequences.
I don't know about you but I also refuse to let some one else tell me how I can and can't defend myself and my family, especially some hand wringing politician with armed body guards.

They can go take a midnight stroll in Chicago.


No comments:

Fair Use Notice

Fair Use Statement: This site may contain copyrighted material, the use of which may not have been authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: “http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml” If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.